Sugarmade, Inc. (OTC: SGMD) is a product and brand marketing company investing in operations and technologies with disruptive potential. The company is focused on
collaborating with real people in real-time to identify the emerging desires and behaviors poised to unlock new opportunities and pathways for growth. Sugarmade seeks to redefine the marketplace by nurturing an innovative and compelling relationship between brand, botany and business – resulting in both undeniable consumer value and an intriguing cross-pollination of revenue sources.
The company’s core strategic plan is centered on expanding its end-market access as a central player in the growing California cannabis delivery marketplace while developing its in-house cannabis production capacity to verticalize operations in the space. Through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions, Sugarmade intends to develop a full farm-to-door
vertically integrated cannabis business.
Sugarmade has investments in a number of subsidiaries with active operations in the California cannabis sector. These include:
- NUG Avenue– Sugarmade owns a 70% stake in NUG Avenue, a cannabis delivery service based in Southern California providing hand-selected top-shelf products from Stiiizy, Kanha, PlugPlay and more.
- BudCars– Sugarmade is an investor in cannabis delivery service of BudCars’ first operating location in Sacramento, California. BudCars is an online-shopping experience designed to provide new customers with an easy way to discover
and order cannabis products within minutes.
Acquisition of Lemon Glow Company
On May 17, 2021, Sugarmade took a major step toward closing the loop on what its management team believes to be one of the most promising vertically integrated cannabis models in the thriving California market when it announced the signing of a definitive agreement for its acquisition of Lemon Glow Company Inc.
The Lemon Glow acquisition includes 640 acres of property, 32 of which have already been designated for outdoor cannabis cultivation. Per the company’s news release, the annual potential cultivation yield at the property is estimated to be approximately 4,000 pounds of dry trimmed cannabis flower per acre per year, which represents approximately 128,000 pounds, or 64 tons, of
dry trimmed cannabis flower per year in total.
Notably, Sugarmade also benefits from the acquisition in terms of team capital, as Lemon Glow executive team members will stay on and become the core management team at the cannabis cultivation site, granting the operation over 30 years of cannabis cultivation experience.
“The Lemon Glow team are tremendous additions to the Sugarmade team,” Jimmy Chan, CEO of Sugarmade, commented in announcing the definitive agreement. “They have vast experience and established skills, as well as intricate knowledge of the property and its local grow context. That’s an enormous added value proposition in this deal. We look forward to bringing
them on board, ramping up operations at the property, and taking key steps toward delivering on the promise of Sugarmade’s farm-to-door vision.”
- Sugarmade Inc. aims to expand its end-market access as a central player in the growing California cannabis delivery marketplace while developing its in-house cannabis production capacity to verticalize operations in the space.
- The company has made key cannabis industry investments in NUG Avenue and BudCars.
- On May 17, 2021, Sugarmade announced its entry into a definitive agreement for its acquisition of Lemon Glow Company Inc.
- The Lemon Glow acquisition includes 640 acres of property, 32 of which have already been designated for outdoor cannabis cultivation.
- California’s legal market hit $4.4 billion in sales in 2020, up from $2.8 billion in 2019.
CannabisNewsBreaks - Sugarmade Inc. (SGMD) Benefiting from 'Snowballing' Fresh Frozen Cannabis Market
July 14, 2022 2:00 PM
- SGMD will produce an estimated 25,000 pounds of Fresh Frozen cannabis, which Cannabis Global will use in its product lines
- The market for Fresh Frozen cannabis is “snowballing,” says Cannabis Global CEO
- With the rapid Fresh Frozen harvesting process, airtight storage and near cryogenic storage temperatures, almost all of the natural cannabis plant essence is preserved
Sugarmade (OTC: SGMD), an emerging leader in the licensed cannabis sector, recently announced the first transaction under its contract with Cannabis Global Inc. (OTC: CBGL). “The transaction calls for Sugarmade to produce an estimated 25,000 pounds of Fresh Frozen cannabis, which Cannabis Global will use in its product lines and will distribute to the California marketplace.
Sugarmade and Cannabis Global have signed a prebooked, fixed-price contract in the amount of $700,000…” a recent article reads. This comes as a growing number of cannabis consumers are choosing Fresh Frozen cannabis, which is flash frozen immediately after harvest instead of undergoing the traditional treatment of drying and curing, as they seek naturally produced cannabis products full of plant terpenes and flavors. Cannabis Global CEO Arman Tabatabaei is quoted saying, “The
market for Fresh Frozen cannabis is snowballing. Thus, we believe it is the place to be for the 2022 cultivation season. We plan to process a large portion of the 25,000 pounds of ultra-premium cannabis at our Lynwood, California, laboratory, creating premium solventless extracts for sale into the market and for use in our own manufactured products, thus creating vertical integration to reduce our costs of goods sold.”
To view the full source article, visit: https://cnw.fm/OBbxH
Grow Up Conference
9/12 - 9/14 – Niagara Falls, ON
Join us in spectacular Niagara Falls, ON for 3 days of cannabis cultivation and extraction.
Join top growers, suppliers, manufacturers, extraction equipment/services, hundreds of top speakers/keynotes and thousands of delegates together to bring you up-to-date on proven methods, innovations and technology. This year’s expo will include the Grow Up Extraction Zone.
Learn from over 100 cannabis cultivation and extraction experts at our 3 day conference.
Grow Up Conference and Expo is focused on the education, collaboration and growth of the cannabis growing industry. Meet licensed producers, suppliers, equipment manufacturers, investors, lawyers, government officials and growing enthusiasts – all in one magnificent location.
Meet old friends and create new relationships at Grow Up's famous Meet the Exhibitors networking party.
About CannabisNewsWire (CNW)
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is a multifaceted financial news and publishing company that delivers a new generation of social communication solutions, news aggregation and syndication, and enhanced news release services. Leveraging a professional team of journalists and writers, CNW introduces private and public companies to a wide audience of investors, consumers,
journalists and the general public via social media and a rapidly expanding network of over 5,000 key distribution outlets. Cutting through information overload, CNW's innovative and proprietary systems clearly and succinctly deliver its clients much needed visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.