MustGrow Biologics Corp. (CSE: MGRO) is an agricultural biotech company focused on developing and commercializing its patented technology that is a natural biopesticide and biofertilizer for use as a fertilizer, nematicide, pesticide and fungicide. MustGrow’s novel and proprietary solutions utilize organic components refined from mustard seed to provide high quality, organic pest control to growers facing challenges associated with soil-borne diseases and pests such as nematodes. The company’s technology provides an all-natural, effective, safe and easy-to-use solution for farmers seeking to raise healthy crops without the use of pesticides.
Nematodes, or microscopic worms, are the most numerous multicellular animals on earth. A handful of soil will contain thousands of nematodes, many of which are parasites of insects, plants or animals. Most plant-parasitic nematodes feed on the roots of plants, damaging the root system and reducing the plant’s ability to absorb water and nutrients (http://nnw.fm/Qkz21). For the past 50 years, nematodes have been controlled using chemical nematicides, but the Environmental Protection Agency now restricts or bans many of the chemical formulations.
- Targeted global markets include $1.43 billion nematicide industry, $9.5 billion biopesticide industry
- Economic impact of crop damage caused by soil-borne nematodes estimated at $100 billion worldwide
- The EPA has banned most synthetic fumigant nematicides and is also restricting the use of non-fumigant nematicides
- Consumer demand for organic products has increased the need for sustainable, green solutions
- Currently finalizing development of AITC liquid concentrate for drip line delivery platform
- Testing underway for potential application as a natural pre-plant soil treatment in the cannabis industry
- Based on third-party studies, MustGrow’s technologies deliver superior pest and pathogen control compared to harmful synthetic chemicals that are being banned
About CannabisNewsWire (CNW)
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is a multifaceted financial news and publishing company that delivers a new generation of social communication solutions, news aggregation and syndication, and enhanced news release services. Leveraging a professional team of journalists and writers, CNW introduces private and public companies to a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public via social media and a rapidly expanding network of over 5,000 key distribution outlets. Cutting through information overload, CNW's innovative and proprietary systems clearly and succinctly deliver its clients much needed visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.