Gage Cannabis Co. is a leading vertically integrated operator in the cannabis industry led by the former CEO and Chairman of Canopy Growth Corp. (TSX: WEED) (NYSE: CGC), Bruce Linton. The company is currently focused exclusively on the Michigan market, working with the declared goal of building the fastest growing cannabis brand in the state.
One of the reasons Gage targeted Michigan as its location of choice is due to the state’s fast-growing legal cannabis market and consumption habits amongst consumers. In 2018, Michigan became the 10th state to legalize the recreational use of cannabis. In light of such favorable market dynamics, Gage opened its first medical provisioning center (dispensary) shortly after, in
2019. The company now has 13 medical or adult-use locations open or in the works, with an additional 10+ planned to open during 2021. Gage’s current portfolio features 19 Class C cultivation licenses across four cultivation assets and three processing licenses.
Current Asset and Brand Portfolio
Gage’s current brand portfolio consists of five unique product classes: flower products, edibles, hardware, concentrates and vape pens/disposables.
The company has already created relationships with a wealth of exclusive brand partners, including some of the most illustrious brands in the country. Notably, Gage’s exclusive partnership with Cookies, one of the most well-respected cannabis lifestyle brands in the United States, illustrates Gage’s operational prowess in cultivating quality flower and operating its
branded retail stores. Today, Gage operates the 8 Mile Cookies location in Detroit, Michigan, which is one of the top performing dispensaries in the state despite being a medical-only dispensary.
- Gage Cannabis is one of the leading vertically integrated operators in the cannabis industry.
- Its current focus is the Michigan market, which is valued at an estimated $3 billion and recorded $109 million in cannabis sales in August 2020.
- The company currently has five dispensaries across Michigan, with the potential to have 90% of the state’s population within a one-hour drive as it continues to expand its dispensary network, offering a wide range of products and even home delivery options.
- Gage is planning to expand its cultivation site in Monitor Township and open an additional 3-4 provisioning centers (dispensaries) in Michigan by the end of 2020. It has detailed plans to open 10+ other locations in 2021, with a goal of operating 20-25 locations by year-end.
- The company intends to go public during Q1 2021 through a Canadian listing.
About CannabisNewsWire (CNW)
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is a multifaceted financial news and publishing company that delivers a new generation of social communication solutions, news aggregation and syndication, and enhanced news release services. Leveraging a professional team of journalists and writers, CNW introduces private and public companies to a wide audience of investors, consumers,
journalists and the general public via social media and a rapidly expanding network of over 5,000 key distribution outlets. Cutting through information overload, CNW's innovative and proprietary systems clearly and succinctly deliver its clients much needed visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.